Thursday, October 9, 2014

FC Rangers, Now Serving the Lord!

As a Vietnamese mom, I thought playing sports was a waste of time. I wanted my children to concentrate on their academics. That's funny considering now that both my boys play college ball. Yes, I was THAT mom who called Coach Scott Mitchell & told him Josh couldn't come to football practice because he didn't meet the family required GPA (3.9). Years later, I realized I was wrong. Playing sports was one of the best things all my kids did. It taught them how to be a team player, how to delay gratification, and that to gain a skill, like playing the piano, or learning complex math problems, it took time. Today I got this picture from a team mother. Our boys were on Utah Rangers FC and played soccer together. Now, they are playing for the Lord's team as missionaries in different parts of the world. I'm grateful for the role sports have now played in my kids' lives


No comments:

Post a Comment