Friday, September 5, 2014

Week #2: The Temple Cafeteria is the The Greatest Place


Yo what up crew!!! The MTC is the greatest place, actually scratch that the temple cafeteria is the greatest place, like honestly it is the greatest reprieve from the food here. I feel like the food there is ordained from God. For real my testimony has grown so much through those waffles. hahaha. But so much has happened this week, at first I was getting my butt kicked by the language, but then I have actually been doing really well with it, well as well as I feel like I can be. I can't roll my R's very well and I already have been messing up my english. But in Kiribati, I feel confident doing a prayer and testimony, and doing a very basic first lesson. But my zone here is the bomb. I can't figure out how to upload the pictures here yet, but they are pretty great I think. The MTC truly is the greatest place.

Hahaha funny story. So I usually do a pretty good job with just being like oh that sister is cute/ not even looking at them. "Don't lust after the Harlot Isabel." But anyways. I was walking out of my building that I have class in and I saw the most beautiful sister. Oh my gosh... and then as she was walking by and then she said something in French. I melted. She was looking so right!...righteous ;) so very spiritual. She's the one, let me tell you, that's the one you wait for. 

But other than that little 20 second sidetrack, the MTC has been awesome, I feel like I am learning really well and even though it comes slow, the spiritual growth is incredible. My companions are awesome, they want to work really hard, and I have been practicing up on my australian accent. But it sounds more like John Lennon. But it's awesome my companions are the bomb, I mean they aren't the most talkative guys, but every lesson we all have three different approaches that work really well together, plus we win all the language games we have in class. So whats good!! I have so many stories and experiences that I don't really don't know what to share with you. My zone is really awesome, and my district is the freaking bomb too. I continue to see my friends and work really hard. I get really tired during the personal study so I often drop whatever I am reading and fall asleep in the same motion. Hopefully that means I am working hard...but anyway I learn so many new things every day and if anyone is thinking about serving a mission, I admonish them to do it. You grow so much, and I honestly am at a loss for words with what I would want to share with you. I appreciate all the love that is being sent my way. I have the utmost faith in the lord and although we may face trials we can always turn to Christ. Mosiah 4:9. He sees the big picture and knows how it feels to be and face the same trials we did. The experiences here and friend I have here are literally priceless. I know this is kind a crappy email, and the only thing I was able to share this week was about a girl. But there is just so much that I don't know what to say, and with only a moment left, and at a loss for words I would just like to say that I love you all so very much. You made me who I am today, and I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you. I am here to share the gospel. Alma 5:49. I have been so happy my entire life, with a few hiccups, but now the people of Kiribati need to here the message. So even though I feel underprepared, don't have the resources or skill set. I am going to learn and give it everything I got so that DC 84:85 can happen. "The spirit can't draqw from an empty well" as Elder Young said. I have learned more about myself in the past week in a half then at any time period in my life. I love the Gospel. Literally love it. No matter what happens in the church or my life etc. I know that man may make mistakes, but the Gospel is the truth. I hope to hear from all of you again soon, if I wasn't able to respond to your email, get my address from my mom and send me a letter.

Congrats to Kayci Griffin on her call to Chile. You're going to straight kill it!

I found out that when we ship out that I will stop in Hawaii for the night, so I am hopeful that I will get to see elder Park. I am trying to figure out how to upload the pictures we took today at the temple, and I will try to get it to work. But until next week...
I ataia bwa e kouau te ekaretia aio ao maiu Iesu Kristo ao Te Atua. I ataia bwa e kouau abotoro ao te burabeti ao kiraki iroun tamnei ae raoiroi n aran Iesu Kristo amen I love my mission. Like literally love it. I miss home, but I can't go home until I can bring the knowledge of their eternal home to the people of Kiribati.

I tangira kam

Elder Buhler

No comments:

Post a Comment