Friday, September 26, 2014

WEEK #5: Elder Buhler Got His Travel Plans!!!!!

Dear Everyone:

Hello one and all, I would just like to start off with I got my travel plans today!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESYEYSYEYSEYSEYSEYESYSEYYESYES, We leave Oct 7 at 8:15 P.M. to LAX then we fly to Fiji, then arrive in Kiribati on Oct 9. Couldn't be more excited!!! Cause actually we just Skype taught this lady from Kiribati last night and most of the time had idea what she was talking about, which I was kind of bummed about at the time, but now that I look back on that it is absolutely wonderful, because that means that I still have a lot of things I need to work on! Like right now I'm so pumped about leaving, I mean I love the MTC, but it's time to get out of here and teach! Well for the first few weeks, probably won't be contributing much to lessons, but still! Getting better at the language, I am always trying to push myself, but I sound so American when I speak and it is kind of depressing. But I have grown so much in the language in the last 2 weeks it's honestly incredible.

Ok a quick side note, I can not emphasize enough how much prayer has helped me in my life. I have had so many of my prayers answered, not always in the way that I want/expected, but still just so good. If there is any advice I can give to anyone it is to prayer more often, and more wholeheartedly. God wants to here from us, that's why he gave us prayer. He gave us the ability to speak with him at anytime, and in anyplace! Think about it, the Supreme Creator of anything and everything, wants to help YOU! Literally blows me away.

So today I got to be companions with Elder Weenig (Love him) because all the guys in my district were gone. Elder Young is from Australia so he got to go to do a session at the SLC temple with all the other internationals. And then E. Aliksa, Carrington, Morley were all at choir ( they get to sing in the Priesthood session of Conference next week) So we have just been doing our own thing all day, super chill.

But ok then Elder Weenig wanted to alter some of his shirts so we went to the dry cleaning place at the MTC and they referred us to the front desk people, who then gave us a pass to go off campus!! I don't think I have felt more uncomfortable then when I walked off MTC property to go to the Dry cleaning place. Walking down 900 East and seeing New Heritage and all of Provo was so weird for both of us (he went to BYU in the Spring and Summer terms) and we talked to these girls at the Dry Cleaning place, which was weird. And when we were walking back to the MTC we were walking and on the other side of the road was this beautiful girl running the other way. I don't know if I have ever had a more uncomfortable reaction to an encounter with a women (even from that distance) because I let out an audible yelp, and so as we walked by we both had heads turned in the complete opposite direction making sure we both stayed pure, continually asking each other if the other had looked! Elder Weenig and I experienced the outside world. Which was super weird, I am just excited to get out of here!! Love my dudes in here, and I feel like it's really boring to tell stories about the MTC, but I bet everyone has similar ones.

But what everyone should do is send me mail and packages before I leave, and I guess after I leave too. But I also want to thank Britt and friends for sending us the cookies, and my mom for the Einstein Bagels. I started a thing with the guys in my district where every night we read two verses each in our Kiribati BOM (Because D&C and Pearl of Great Price can't be translated), and now it's expanded to most of the Marshallese Elders and all the Tongans and Fijians Elders. It's pretty official now, we start with a prayer and then we go around reading a verse at a time in our separate languages and each read two verses and then I assign someone to give us a spiritual thought. It's my turn tonight. But honestly the Spirit is so strong in that room every night, and then if I have treats I share with everybody. I love my Zone.

But anyways, no scriptures this week because I frankly forgot my BOM, Journal, Notebook all back at the residence, but I am so excited to serve the Lord, yes it's been hard. and only one quote, from Sanctify Yourselves by my boy Jeff H.

“To every man there comes …that special moment when he is figuratively tapped on the shoulder and offered the chance to do a special thing unique to him and fitted to his talent. What a tragedy if that moment finds him unprepared or unqualified for the work which would be his finest hour.”

I hope I can be prepared when my moment comes.

God Bless,

E. Buhler

No comments:

Post a Comment