Sunday, September 14, 2014

Week #3: Loving the MTC Experience!





















Hello all, just sent like a ton of pictures to my mom to post on my little blog thingy, elderjacobbuhler.blogspot.com so if you want to see a day in the life check it out.


First off, congrats to my boy D Wattykins! Love that dude to death, and I can't wait for him to begin serving!!

Well I just got back from the chillest of frisbee sesh's over on that field by the temple, today was the most beautiful day. I love it here, so dang much. My district consists of 5 elders and 3 sisters. Elder Carrington, Elder Morley my companions and then Elder Aliksa and Elder Young. Sister Tiatia, Sister Lowary and sister Nena. But I feel like I am progressing really well in the language, I am beginning to think and dream in Kiribati, so that's actually pretty dope. We have started doing tons of mock investigator roleplay things that are pretty tough, on wednesday we have two of them and the first one was so bad, like SO BAD. I had the worst headache and felt sick and we just rambled as a companionship, but then the second investigator we had we freaking killed it!! I definitely knew it wasn't me teaching. The Spirit was like, "Yo Elders, let me take this one, you've done enough I GOT YOU!" and then literally everything was free flow, I was understanding most of it, and I was using fluent sentences, I mean they are still basic sentences, but I am using words we haven't learned yet because I try to study on my own sometimes. So it opens up the discussions even more. Hope that doesn't sound like bragging at all, because literally that lesson was all taught by the Spirit. I am like the crappiest missionary, but I boast of the strength of my God. They told us to gain as much knowledge as possible which I am definitely trying to do. 

We were doing some personal study the other day and we found some pretty accurate scriptures. What we call the MTC cafeteria scripture, and what soon will be our entire mission scripture.

Jerimiah 4:19

LOOK IT UP! I was literally crying when I read it.

But also Elder Young was reading in Alma and he got to 

Alma 12:21-22

Once you read it read on....

Basically Alma is having a stand off with some dude and the dude says something in verse 21, and the the first sentence of two from verse 22 in laymens terms, at least we think is, if you would just SHUT UP for two seconds I would tell you!! You had to be there, but ya know sometimes Prophets can get some sass too. I mean it would kind of stink knowing you are a prophet of God and you are trying to save everyone and at every turn people keep questioning you. Bet it would be pretty frustating

But on another note there have been so many awesome quotes from speeches given here at the MTC. I usually write down quotes, because I think they are so interesting. Here are just a few and some are from prophets and stuff, but still way good.

"You don't need to know everything, you just need to be an example"

"When you are on the Lords errand you are entitled to his help"

"Mission is where you find out what Atonement and Jesus Christ Means to you"

"Gospel is the best gift you can offer and receive"

Beginning with the end in mind will help you choose your path"

"You need to earn your name"

"Circumstances don't make the man. It reveals him."

"Reconvert yourself each lesson"

"If you don't get an answer to your prayer, don't stop asking"


So yeah, I mean I haven't had any completely sucky days, but I have had rough patches in my days, but I can't emphasize this enough. A humble Prayer to your Heavenly Father can solve anything and everything. I don't sleep very well here, but I love it here. Well except the food, the Temple Cafeteria every week gets me so emotional, it's so much better than the MTC food. I refuse to get fat so I run basically everyday. Scott Heatons Dad gave a devotional here the other night and it was super good, I thought it was so good because he barely did any talking. He just got converts who used to not believe in God come up and tell their story, through guided questions. The Spirit was so strong. We are started to get pounded with lessons. It's like God is saying, yeah so now that you are going to get comfortable you can handle 6 lessons right? But it's good because that's how the field will be like.

I don't know if I have mentioned it before, but our teacher went deaf in one ear from a virus he caught while he was there. We have two teachers and they have told a bunch of crazy stories. But basically pretty often we will drink water with ants or worms in it. Just because it's from members and we don't want to offend them. But that's just one of the weirder things that we will do. They told us that Kiribati is supposed to be the hardest place in the world to reach.

But that's it from me this week. Again check out the pics on elderjacobbuhler.blogspot.com the pics on there are a mix of people from my district and the marshallese district, but our zone is the bomb even though I don't have pictures we have the Tongans, Samoans, Fijians, Marshallese, and Kiribati.

Love you all, please write me. 

Getting handwritten or homemade stuff is the greatest thing.

Elder Buhler



No comments:

Post a Comment